Pancakes with Maple syrup


Pancakes are something one can have anytime of the day…breakfast, lunch, evening snack, dinner or even as a midnight snack!
I remember my childhood days when we used to come back from school, and would be welcomed by the delightful aroma of hot pancakes & maple syrup that Mom would have kept ready for us. Everyday there used to be a different snack, and since I was never very fond of rice this used to be the bribe for me to eat my lunch or else she wouldn’t let me touch it, and I would have done anything for the snacks, let alone eat rice. Those were the times I used to thank god for a Mom who loves to cook … who would be waiting for us at the front door with a serene smile on her face…. who did not run after building a career, and was least bothered about what would happen on her work-front if she wasted half an hour on making pancakes for her kids…and more than God, I guess we should thank our Dad, for insisting that Mom needn’t work, that he would take care of everything…. though he’d left the choice to her… thankfully, mom chose us above a job.
So today I was looking up mom’s old cookbook when I saw this recipe, and suddenly the good ol’ nostalgia struck again… and I had to have the pancakes with the maple syrup…. and I did….
And here’s how…

Ingredients:
  • Maida 2 small cups
  • Eggs 3
  • Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
  • Baking powder 1 pinch
  • Castor sugar as per your taste, I used about 5 tbsp
  • Salt 1 pinch
  • Milk ¼ small cup
For the topping:
  • Maple syrup
Method:
· Add all the ingredients to a blender. Make a smooth, thick paste.
· Heat a non-stick pan, pour 1 ladle of the batter on to the pan, do not spread it.
· Cook both sides for less than a minute each.
· Once all the pancakes are ready, take a plate, keep one pancake in the middle, pour a little maple syrup on top, keep another pancake on top of the first one, and pour some more maple syrup. Repeat with about 3-4 pancakes for each serving.
· Enjoy the pancakes, I accompanied it wid some apple juice!

Sending this to Any one can cook series of  Umm Mymoonah



2 comments:

  1. Hi sri...
    Thank u so much for ur kind words and comment on my blog...Let me know how u liked biryani ok...
    Reading this post made me miss my mom so much...My mom used to be like urs....passionate about cooking for her kids....and eats only once her kids have had their food..waiting for her kids to arrive from school with smile and all...Sigh!...How much i miss those days...Maple syrup is something that i came across recently and absolutely loved it...it has a unique flavour...I always tink of cooking up some exotic dishes and simple and good recipes like pancakes have completely worn off from my mind...Havent made pancake in ages...have to make some this week...thanx for reminding...Convey my regards to your mom.

    Love,
    shabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pancakes for breakfast, pictures looks lovely. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook. Also I'm following your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete