An all time favorite party dessert, this recipe captures the flavor of oranges better than any other.
Ingredients:Milk ¾ cup
Ripe (sweet) oranges 3 [peeled and made into pieces]
Sugar 6 tsp
Flour 6 tsp
Gelatin 2 tsp
Water 1/4 cup
Orange essence a few drops
Castor sugar 5 tsp
½ an orange peeled, and the segments should be skinned and the pieces broken into tiny bits for decoration
2-3 Mint leaves to decorate
- Soak gelatin in around 1/4 cup water.
- Separate egg yolks, add sugar and flour to the egg yolk and cream it. Gradually add milk and beat well.
- Double boil till thick and creamy. Let it cool.
- Then add half the gelatin and essence.
- Whisk egg white, add castor sugar.
- Fold in remaining gelatin and the orange pieces. Mix very slowly and patiently, or else you’ll spoil the fluffiness of the soufflé.
- Arrange the soufflé in a dish; the egg yolk mixture first, then the egg white mixture, and finally the orange bits and mint leaves.
- Cool in the refrigerator. Serve after a couple of hours of refrigeration.